Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day

This is largely going to be a post of photos more than anything, but we've had such a fun few days. My best Mother's Day so far -- and it got off to an early start with a much needed break when Dru put a may-day call into his sweet parents Friday and they kept the girls. I think I slept a straight 10 hours that night, and woke feeling like a much happier, rested Mommy!

We spent Saturday at the Arboretum enjoying a picnic, feeding birds and squirrels, gorgeous flowers, and the fun playhouses. It was a cooler, cloudy day, which ended up being perfect as the park wasn't as crowded as it can typically be in the spring. Sunday Dru surprised me with a sweet card that had Maddie's adorable voice recorded on it wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. I hope I never forget how precious her voice is at this age!

Speaking of voices, Amelie has found hers! She is babbling quite frequently, and I thought we might have a quiet baby on our hands, but now I'm thinking not so much!! She's so sweet, and becoming more and more fun every day. She's especially entertained by her big sis, even chuckling at her most days now.

We topped these fun days off with our first trip to the movies yesterday. Our local theater was doing a Disney preschool movie hour, so I packed the girls up, snacks, diapers, etc. in hand and caught Winnie the Pooh yesterday morning. Maddie LOVED it! Such a fun memory.





1 comment:

Melissa Maris said...

These pictures are adorable! Amelie just keeps getting cuter and cuter.

Happy belated Mother's Day! I'm glad you enjoyed it and got some rest on top of having fun.

And you're very brave to take 2 little ones to the movies!!