I'm also trying to keep a running list of funny thoughts that I like to call Maddie-isms. This is a sampling, literally from just the past two days. My much more comprehensive list will have to be reviewed and posted later.
On what she'd like to be when she grows up: we were reading a great book from Papa about "Wonderful Me" and how God created each of us to be unique. In the book the boy is dreaming about what he'll be when he grows up. There are three clouds that lift to reveal him as an artist (her later choice), a policeman and a firefighter. When I asked her what she'd like to be when she grows up she replied, "a duck!"
She often pretends that she is a Mommy or that she has a baby in her tummy these days. My dear friend is expecting her third boy this September, who they'll be naming Max. Typically she tells me that the baby in her tummy is a girl named Amelie, but today it was a little boy named Max -- so sweet. Especially since she's in love with Max's big brother Miles. They were trying to hug each other through the fenced playground at the Y this morning and we were on our way out and he was still there playing.
And possibly Dru's favorite -- earlier today Maddie burped and said, "hmmm, that burp didn't taste very good!"




1 comment:
That's funny, I want to be a duck when I grow up too...
:) Maddie looks ADORABLE in that dance outfit!!
Post a Comment