To the dad's in my life....
Pat, you are the sweetest Father-in-law a girl could have. And words cannot express how touched I am by your wonderful gestures of love to our girls. You have written each of them precious letters from their earliest days that are stored away in their keepsake boxes. You soften so much around those two little ladies that you have aptly named "Princess" and "Duchess." They will always know how much their Pop Pop loves and cherishes them! I love you!
To my own Dad, I am so eternally grateful to God that I have a father like you. You have always been someone to look up to, respect and have fun with. All my life I have known you to be a safe harbor, a trusted confidant and a friend. Thank you for being that role model in my life, and a model for what I would later seek out in a husband. I am also so thankful to see you love our girls in the way only a Papa can. And the tractor rides sure are a nice bonus! I love you!!
And to Dru...I don't know where to begin. You are the love of my life. You are kind, loving, intelligent, passionate, driven and fun all wrapped perfectly into one person. You love our daughters so much, and it shows with every moment you are with and without them. Over the past six months it has been especially fun to see Maddie jump for joy when you arrive home from work, and for me to really enjoy the tender moments with Amelie and you now knowing how quickly this sweet infant stage will pass. I could not know a better husband or father, and I am so very blessed that you are ours!!
Happy Father's Day!!! I love you all!
PS - click this link to hear a song that reduces me to tears each time I hear it. What a wonderful tribute to my dads. :)
Life in Northern Colorado
14 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment