Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Girlfriends

In the past couple of days I have been with my great community group girls for coffee, at the gym with a trusted friend, playdates with another dear friend who is about to welcome her second baby girl, and I have been fortunate to catch up on the phone with my best LA girl and my best Nashville girl. I have felt near tears every day for one reason or another. Hey, who am I kidding, I have cried every day! It is usually the little moments of adjusting to life with two babies under the age of 3 - navigating Maddie through the transition of sharing Mommy when one moment she wants to be independent and a big girl, and the next she wants to be held like her baby sister, sleepless nights with teething? A growth spurt? - that eventually escalate into me feeling less than patient or just simply worn out. I am so very grateful for my slew of girlfriends. I hung up from a recharging conversation with one pal tonight just happy to sit and ponder how blessed I am to be so covered up in love and support. I sure hope I am providing that in return to each of you. Thank you, sweet friends, for being in my life!!! You challenge me to be easier on myself, and to be a better wife, mother, sister and friend. Love to you all!!

1 comment:

Melissa Maris said...

Awwwwwwe I'm so glad I saw this! You are truly a lovely, lovely person through and through. You just amaze me. And you're handling the stress of motherhood with more grace than I think I've ever seen in a person. Seriously, you're an inspiration.

I'm so glad we got to catch up too! Can't wait to see the girls on Skype in the future! Love you guys!!!